JEE Main 2020 (April Session) new exam date has been announced. MHRD minister has confirmed that JEE Main which was scheduled to be held from 18-23 July 2020 has been postponed and will now be conducted between 01-06 September 2020. Due to this pandemic situation issuance of admit card has also been postponed. JEE Main is conducted to offer admission in B.Tech, B.E, B.Plan, B.Arch programs in 31 NIT's, 25 IIIT's, 28 CFTI's. Based on the ranks or scores secured in the examination, candidates can get admission into renowned institutions/colleges in India. Top 2.5 lakh candidates will be shortlisted to appear in JEE Advanced 2020 for admission to IIT's. A total of 138410 for B.Arch and 59003 for B.Planning candidates registered in JEE Main April Session.
Entrance zone has released the JEE Main Rank Calculator. Interested candidates can calculate the JEE rank from percentile.
Important News and Updates in JEE Main 2020
- JEE Main 2020 exam has been postponed to 01-06 September 2020.
- The last date for JEE Main April session 2020 application correction has been extended until 20 July 2020.
- Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ (HRD Minister) Launched "National Test Abhyaas" for mock test.
Official Mock Test - National Test Abhyaas
As per MHRD Minister, JEE Main 2020 applicants can now practice a free online mock test called National Test Abhyaas. As per MHRD Minister, JEE Main 2020 applicants can now practice a free online mock test called National Test Abhyaas. One full question paper (3 hours) will be available each day, for both JEE (Main) & NEET. Students can take the test anytime as per their convenience, get immediate scores, correct answers with explanations, and analyze the time spent on different sections.
- As per Minister Tweets, One full question paper (3 hours) will be available each day, for both JEE (Main) & NEET.
- Candidates can take this mock test anytime as per their convenience, get immediate scores, correct answers with explanations, and analyze the time spent on different sections.
- Direct Link To Access "National Test Abhyaas" Android Application: Click Here
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The registration process is followed by JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. The availability of the JEE Main Admit Card 2020 April Session is given below:
- JEE Main 2020 April Admit Card releasing date has been postponed by National Testing Agency.
- The candidates can click on the online link, and by entering their password and registration number, they can download their admit card.
- The candidates will be informed when the admit card would be released through the mail or SMS.
- The admit card is also needed during final admission and counselling. Hence, candidates must secure a hard copy and soft copy of it.
Note: Candidates should download the admit card and generate a print copy of it, on an A4 sheet. The copy should be neat with a clear print.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates need to check the latest changes introduced in JEE Main Exam pattern before they start preparing for the exam. Please refer to the table below for the same:
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (Pen-paper mode for B.Arch Drawing)
- Duration of Examination: 3 Hours (180 Minutes); Candidates who wish to appear for B.Arch, as well as B.Planning, will have the duration of examination 3.30 hrs
- The medium of Question Paper: English, Hindi & Gujarati
- Marking Scheme: +4 for every correct answer, -1 for every wrong answer, No Negative Marking for Numerical Value-Based Questions
Section-wise distribution of Questions and Marks
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Physics||25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT)||100|
|Chemistry||25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT)||100|
|Mathematics||25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT)||100|
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics - Part 1||25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT)||100|
|Aptitude test - Part2 ||50 (MCQ)||200|
|Drawing Test - Part 3||02||100|
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics - Part 1||25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT)||100|
|Aptitude test - Part2 ||50 (MCQ)||200|
|Planning Based Objective Type MCQs –Part III||25||100|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
The candidates can check the whole JEE Mains Syllabus 2020 online. Candidates must know the syllabus and Recommended books. The Paper wise subjects for exam preparation are given in the points below:
- Paper for B.E/B. Tech will have questions from multiple topics from 11th and 12th level Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
- Paper for B.Arch will have topics from the sections of Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing.
- Paper for B.Planning will have topics from Mathematics, Aptitude, and Planning Based Questions.
JEE Main Syllabus for Physics:
- Physics and measurement
- Rotational motion
- Laws of motion
- Oscillations and waves
- Electronic devices
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Current electricity
- Energy and power
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Communication system
JEE Main Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- Atomic structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical kinetics
- States of matter
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of metals
- S-block elements( Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- P-block elements
- d- and f- block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen & nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
JEE Main Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Relations and functions
- Matrices and determinants
- Sequences and series
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Integral calculus
- Statistics and probability
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Vector algebra
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical reasoning
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Differential Equations
- Co-Ordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
JEE Main Syllabus for Aptitude test:
- Awareness of persons, places, buildings, materials/objects
- Texture related to architecture and build environment
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings
- Visualizing different sides of three-dimensional objects
- Analytical Reasoning Mental ability (visual, numerical, verbal)
- Three-dimensional Perception
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape, landscape, and rural life.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
The preparation tips for JEE Main 2020 which would help the candidates to score well and hence qualify this exam are given below:
- The candidates must have complete knowledge regarding the pattern of exam, syllabus, and the marking scheme.
- The candidates must make short notes which must comprise of the following: key points, formulas and concepts.
- The candidates must study from study material which the qualified candidates and experienced teachers have recommended for JEE Main 2020 exam.
- The candidates need to practice from sample papers and exam papers of the previous year to get knowledge about the trend of the exam and the type of questions that can be asked in the exam.
JEE Main 2020 Form Correction 2020
It is to be noted that NTA does not accept any request for a change in details by post/fax or email. Any detail which is to be changed has to be corrected online through JEE Main candidate login.
How to Edit Details in JEE Main Application Form?
To edit details in JEE Main 2020 online form, you may follow the steps as provided below:
- Go to the JEE Main correction portal on the official website.
- Next, the candidates need to log in using application number and password.
- Click on the ‘sign-in’ button to submit the login details and in the next screen, candidate dashboard appears.
- After this, candidates need to click on the blue button for correction.
- Candidates must ensure that all the changes are done correctly and then make the final submit.
Note: Due to COVID-19 situation, candidates are allowed to edit the choices of exam city preferences too.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
- If the candidate has applied for January session then in this case, he/she will have to simply have to log in with the January exam application number and password, and fill in the basic details asked in the application form such as,
- Selection of Paper
- Choice of Language
- Payment of application fee
- Exam centre
- If the candidate has not applied for the January session then, the process of JEE Main 2020 April registration will be concluded in the following steps:
- Registering online
- Online filling of application
- Uploading the images
- Application Fees payment
- Taking Print out of the application.
- The JEE Main April 2020 online registration has started from 07 February 2020 onwards.
- For the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) April session, the deadline for submitting the application form is extended to 24 May 2020.
- The application form correction window for April session is re-opened from 01 April 2020.
- The candidates need to submit one application form only. If a candidate submits more than one application form, it would then be rejected.
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
The given table contains the category-wise details about JEE Mains 2020 Application Fees for January session:
JEE Main Application Fee
|Exam Center in India||Exam Center outside India|
|For Gen/Gen-EWS/OBC-NCL Candidates|
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates|
B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch
B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning
B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planning
B.Arch & B.Planning
|For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates|
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates|
Mode of Payment: The fees can be paid by the candidates using online mode through Net banking/debit card/credit card/UPI/Paytm.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must carefully go through the JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) eligibility before they start filling the application form. Below is the detailed and updated JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria, given for the candidates to dwell into:
- Qualifying Exam: The candidates who are applying must have cleared the Class 12th exam or any equivalent exam from any recognised board or university.
- Diploma Holders: The candidates who have done a diploma can also apply for the exam but in IIITs only.
- Age criteria: There is no age limit now to apply for JEE Main.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of attempts to apply for this exam.
- Appearing Candidates: The candidates who are appearing for the 10+2 exam this year are also eligible to apply.
- Year of Appearance: Those candidates can only apply who have passed their Class 12th board exam in 2018 or 2019. The candidates appearing for the 10+2 exam in the year 2020 can also apply.
Institutions wise Eligibility:
- The candidates need to score at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class / Qualifying examination conducted by the respective Boards to get admissions to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other institutions through CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board)/JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
- The admission will be provided to the candidates based on All India Rank which they have scored in the exam.
- Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs shall be as under:
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination (QE)|
|B.E/ B.Tech||Passed QE with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B. Arch||Passed QE with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|B. Planning||Passed QE with Mathematics|
Major changes in JEE Main 2020
The national testing agency has introduced the following changes in the JEE Main 2020 exam
- JEE Main 2020 application process has been changed and the registration fee is increased for all categories candidates. The payment of registration fee will be done in online mode only.
- There will be two separate papers for BArch and BPlan courses. So, from 2020, JEE Main will be conducted for three papers - BE/BTech, BArch, and B.Plan.
- NTA has reduced the number of exam cities in India from 264 to 233
- NTA has introduced some major changes in JEE Main 2020 exam pattern. The total number of questions has been reduced to 75. Previous years, the number of questions for BE/BTech paper was 90.
- The JEE Main 2020 question paper will also contain NAT i.e. numerical based questions in the test.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Centres
List of JEE Main April 2020 Centres for the exam is mentioned below:
JEE Exam Centres
|S.No||States||Number of Cities|
|3||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||01|
|8||Daman & Diu||02|
|10||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||01|
|16||Jammu & Kashmir||04|
Candidates living in other countries can also give the examination. Cities outside India are also marked in the Map given at the end of this article.
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
The NTA will release the JEE Main Answer Key 2020 April after the entrance exam gets over. Following are the main points regarding the same:
- The candidates can access the answer key by entering their password and the application number from the third week of April 2020. Click here>JEE Main Answer Key
- The candidates can cross-check their answers by downloading the answer key and tallying the response with the answers given, hence calculating their probable score.
- NTA will upload the Answer key for candidates to challenge.
- The Candidates are required to pay a certain amount of fee and submitting proof for challenging each answer.
JEE Main 2020 Result
NTA JEE Main 2020 April Result will be declared soon after the exam will be over. The candidates will have to enter their Application number and birth date to check their results. The scorecard will be released online after the announcement of results.
- JEE Main Scorecard is released separately for the first and second attempt of the exam.
- The authority announces the rank after the second attempt only.
NTA JEE 2020 Tie Breaker Rule
In case the candidate's score after the declaration of result is found equal with the other candidate then the tie would be resolved in the following descending order:
- Score in Mathematics.
- Score in Physics / Score in Aptitude Test (in case of B.Arch/B.Planning).
- Score in Chemistry / Score in Drawing Test (in case of B.Arch) / Score in Planning Based Questions (in case of B.Planning).
- Candidates having a lesser number of negative responses in the paper.
- Candidates older in Age.
JEE Main 2020 Scorecard
The scorecard of JEE Main 2020 is very important as it will contain the following details about the candidates:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Name of Parents
- Eligibility state code
- Marks secured
- All India Rank
- Category-wise rank
- Status of qualifying the exam
The scorecards can be downloaded through online mode only, and no dispatching of the scorecards will take place through the online mode.
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
The JEE Main 2020 Cut Off will be released by NTA by online mode. The candidates need to score the cut off marks to appear in the All India centralised counselling process. The cut-off marks for various categories will be released.
- Through JEE Main cut off candidates will get admission into NITs, IIITs and CFTIs and can also qualify for the JEE Advanced 2020 Exam.
- Out of the total number of candidates appeared for Joint Entrance Exam Main every year, only 18.18% - 22.72% of candidates are selected for JEE Advanced Examination.
The previous year cut off trends is provided in the table given below for various categories:
Previous Years Cut Off Trends of JEE Results
Candidates can see the Opening and Closing ranks of the NITs from the last year as per NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) in the table below:
|Top NITs ||Highest and Lowest Rank|
|National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli||121 - 21596|
|National Institute of Technology Rourkela||1278 - 49400|
|National Institute of Technology Karnataka||960 - 31770|
|National Institute of Technology Warangal||826 - 25745|
|National Institute of Technology Calicut||321 - 33618|
JEE Main 2020 New Changes Introduced
The following are the new changes introduced in the JEE Main 2020 exam by the NTA:
- National Testing Agency (NTA) now holds the responsibility for conducting the Joint Entrance Examination since 2019 onwards.
- The NTA JEE Main exam will be conducted twice in a year. Once in January and the other one is scheduled in April, both through the online CBT - (Computer Based Test) mode.
- There is no age limit now to apply for this exam. The candidates who will fulfil the eligibility criteria from now onwards can appear for this exam.
- The candidates to appear for the online mode exam will need to book their exam slots.
- There is no need for Aadhar card now while applying for the entrance exam of JEE Main.
- Those candidates would be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced who would be amongst the top 224000 qualified candidates.
- The NTA to help the candidates with their preparation has set up more than 3400 Practice centres.
- The candidates who have diabetes are allowed to take the following things inside the exam hall: sugar tablets, water bottles, and fruits.
Candidates can refer to the JEE website or can visit our pages for the latest news and updates.
JEE Main 2020 Counselling
The candidates who will get minimum cut-off marks would be eligible to participate in the online JEE Main April 2020 Counselling Process. Following are the points candidates must go through regarding counselling information:
- The JEE Main 2020 counselling process will take place through online mode only. The first step is that the students need to get themselves registered.
- JoSAA, i.e. the Joint Seat Allocation Authority will organise the counselling process.
- The candidates would be allotted seats into the institutions such as IIT's, NIT's, CFTI's etc.
- The seats would be allocated based on the category of the applicant, rank secured availability of seats and other factors.
- The candidates will have to report to the institutions allotted to them after the seat allocation for the process of verification of documents.
List of Participating Institutes in JEE Main 2020
The list of institutes of the country which are participating, includes 31 National Institute of Technology (NITs), 25 Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) and 28 Central Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs).
List of National Institute of Technology (NITs)
- Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- National Institute of Technology, Karnataka
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
- National Institute of Technology, Nagaland
- National Institute of Technology, Patna
- National Institute of Technology, Puducherry
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- National Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh
List of Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Kota
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Kalyani
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Sonipat
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Una
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Chittoor
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Vadodara
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Manipur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Dharwad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Tiruchirappalli
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram
- Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacture, Jabalpur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Kottayam
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Ranchi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Pune
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bhagalpur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Surat
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Agartala
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Raichur, Karnataka
List of Central-Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs)
- Assam University, Silchar
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar
- Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi
- Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research & Management, Ahmedabad
- Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (A Central University), Bilaspur
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, Department of Electronics & Communication, University of Allahabad
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad
- National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Ranchi
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Mizoram University, Aizawl
- School of Engineering, Tezpur University, Napalm, Tezpur
- School of Planning & Architecture, Bhopal
- School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi
- School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar
- International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur
- University of Hyderabad
- Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Central Institute of Technology, Assam
- Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry
- Ghani Khan Choudhary Institute of Engineering and Technology, West Bengal
- Central University of Rajasthan, Rajasthan
- National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management, Sonepat
Query Redressal System
National Testing Agency(NTA) has introduced a Query Redressal System(QRS) which is an online web-enabled system. QRS primary aim is to enable submission of queries or grievances by the registered candidate(s) of JEE Mains 2020 with 24/7 facility for speedy and favourable redressal of the queries/grievances. Once submitted, a Unique Registration Number will be generated for tracking status of the Queries or grievances raised by candidates. Candidates are thus advised to use the QRS portal for fast response before mailing their queries on the official email id- [email protected]
NTA JEE Main 2020 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the JEE Main exam:
|Name of Exam||Joint Entrance Examination (Main)|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Course||Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharma|
|NTA Official Website||https://nta.ac.in|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Previous Exam Conducting Body||CBSE|
|Exam Purpose||For the admission into top engineering colleges/institutes. Also, as an eligibility test for appearing in JEE Advanced.|
Exam Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
National Testing Agency is a newly formed testing organization to organise entrance examinations for higher educational institutions admission or fellowship. NTA is formed to improve quality and equity in education by providing research and transparent assessments. National Testing Agency (NTA) is a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 of Government of India.
The National Testing Agency will conduct all examination in the following domains:
|Stream||Entrance Exam Name||Valid for Admission in |
|Engineering & Architecture||Joint Entrance Exam (Main) - JEE Main||Engineering & Architecture Courses at NITs, CFTIs and other premium institutes.|
|Medical||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG||MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India.|
|Management ||Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)||Entry into management programmes.|
|Pharmacy||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)||Entry into M.Pharm programmes.|
|College/University Teaching & Fellowship Exam||UGC-NET||Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both or Eligibility for Assistant Professor only.|
|SWAYAM Test||Study Web of Active Learning by Young and Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)||SWAYAM is providing best On-line e-learning teaching-learning resources to all|
|Hotel Management||National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination (NCHM JEE)||Admission to the B.Sc. Course in Hospitality and Hotel Administration(B.Sc.HHA).|
|Delhi University Entrance Test||Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) ||Admission into Delhi University Colleges|
|College/University Teaching & Fellowship Exam||CSIR-UGC NET||Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship (LS)|
|PG level Exam -M. D / M.S. / Diploma courses in Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy System of Medicine||AIAPGET ||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test|
About National Testing Agency
It is a National Agency approved by the Union Council of Ministers established in November 2017. The main aim of NTA is to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. Other than JEE MAIN, NTA also conducts various exams like National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-Undergraduate, National Eligibility Test, Common Management Admission Test and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test.