GLS DAT 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card
Updated On - November 16th 2019 by Aviral Shakya
GLS DAT 2020 is also known as GLS Design Entrance Exam 2020. This entrance exam held by the GLS Institute of Design for students seeking admission in a 4-year bachelor’s programme and integrated 5-year masters programme. The marks scored in the GLS DAT will determine the admission of the candidate. This exam is conducted once in a year at the university level. The application can be filled in both online as well as online mode. If the candidate wishes to opt for offline mode, the application forms are available at the GLS Campus Office. Whereas the online application form can be downloaded from the official website of GLS Institute and duly filled.
GLS DAT 2020 Application Form
Important information regarding GLS DAT application form 2020 for reference to the Applicants are listed below:
- University had made the availability of application form in both online and offline modes.
- Applicants can also fill the registration form by taking the form from the campus itself or by downloading the form from the official website of the university.
- Applicants have to fill in the details in the application form as required:
- Applicant’s details: Name, DOB, Address, Number, Email ID, Gender.
- Parent’s details: Name, Occupation, Number, Address, Email ID,
- Educational qualifications
- A course that applicant wishes to apply
- Work experience
- Aspirants must be careful while filling the application form because the authority will not provide any correction facility.
- Upload the scanned copy of recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are advised to take the print out of their registration form and keep it safe.
- Candidates also submit the print out the online filled form along with fees.
GLS DAT 2020 Application Fee
- After filling the form correctly, Applicants need to deposit application fee amount Rs 2000/-.
- For Offline mode:
- Applicants can pay the application fee by cash or DD or cheque (drawn in favour of GLS Institute of design).
- After successfully filling all the above-mentioned details, Applicants are requested to submit all the attested copies of their mark sheet and certificates.
- On completion of the above, Applicants need to submit their necessary documents along with their duly filled application form and application fee to the below-given address: GLS Institute of Design, GLS University, GLS Campus, Opp. Law Garden, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad-3800006, Gujarat, Phone: +917965222758.
- For Online Mode:
- Candidate can pay their registration fees by credit card, debit card or net banking.
GLS DAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidate first have to go through GLS DAT eligibility criteria 2020. The vital information regarding eligibility is given below:
- Candidates must have clear their Higher Secondary (10+2).
- Higher Secondary Schooling must be cleared from State Board/CBSE/CISCE/IB or equivalent then candidate is eligible for exam.
GLS DAT 2020 Admit Card
Important information regarding GLS DAT Admit Card 2020 of the Applicants are listed below:
- Admit card is given to only those Applicants who have successfully submitted the form along with fee and all necessary documents.
- Hall card will be updated online on the university official website.
- Applicants can check the admit card on the website using their login address.
- Candidates need to download the admit card and take a printout of the same.
- Admit card contains all the information like:
- Applicant’s name
- Date of Birth
- Exam centre
- Exam date and time
- Applicant’s signature
- As hall ticket contains important information as above mentioned, we request that the Applicants keep safely their admit cards along with them.
- Applicants are requested to carry the admit cards along with one photo ID.
- Applicants who do not bring the admit card along with photo ID will not be allowed to sit in the exam in examination hall.
GLS DAT 2020 Syllabus
The university had not yet released the GLS DAT syllabus 2020 for the examination. However, we have listed down some important topics which will help the Applicants for better preparation.
- Mood, Theme and Colour Interrelationship
- Colour Terminology
- Colour Psychology and Optical Illusions
- Colour, Pattern, and Texture
- Inspiration and Design Development
- Design Theory
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Natural and Geometrical Form
- Innovation in Design
- Principles of Composition
- Optical Illusion
- Understanding Light and shade
- Theme Development
- Developing Themes and Colour Associations
- Inspiration and Creativity
- Ornaments and Motifs
- Creative thinking and writing
- Picture analysis
- Visual logic
- Good Design vs. Bad Design
- Drawing Fundamentals
- Use of Measurements, Scale, and proportions
- Memory Drawing
- Usage of Colour in compositions
- Expression and Emotion
- Design Awareness
- Graphics and pictograms
- Innovation and creation
- Developing observation
GLS DAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Information regarding the paper pattern of the GLS DAT 2020 Exam is listed below:
- The exam will be conducted offline mode
- The Entrance Exam will be two parts written Exam and interaction/interview round.
- Applicants need to clear both the rounds to get admission in the university.
Round 1:Written test:
The paper for the examination is set in such a way that the authority will be able to identify the following ability of Applicants:
- Observation Power
- Utilization of form
- Innovative ways to describe objects/environment
- Drawing skills
- Proportion sense
Round 2:Interaction/interview round:
In this round, Applicants are judged on the below-mentioned category:
- Career orientation
- Aptitude for the course
- Overall personality traits
- Overall personal achievements in academics and extracurricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude
GLS DAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates have to check the preparation tips for GLS DAT 2020 entrance exam for better prepare:
- Aspirants must be able to manage their time wisely to not get exhausted during study time. A proper time table should be made to follow.
- While during the interview round, candidate should calm and not to get panic on trickly questions.
- During the written exam, the candidate should focus the paper and answer the questions wisely and calmly.
GLS DAT 2020 Results
Information related to the GLS DAT Results 2020 of the exams are listed below:
- University will update the results of the Applicants on the university official website.
- The Results will be in the form merit list.
- Authorities will make a list of the Applicants based on the grades scored by them in the exam.
- Authority will select those Applicants who are eligible for the admission in the GLS university.
- Selected Applicants need to appear for the personal interview/interaction round held in the GLS university.
- Applicants can check their results by visiting the university official website.
- Applicants are requested to download their results and take the printout for the counselling process.
GLS DAT 2020 Counselling
The vital information regarding GLS DAT Counselling 2020 given below:
GLS DAT 2020 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the GLS DAT exam:
GLS Design Entrance Exam 2020 (GLS DAT 2020)
|GLS Institute of Design
Fashion design communication, Environment Design, Product & Industrial Design, Apparel Design, and Graphics design
To offer a admission in Fashion design communication, Environment Design, Product & Industrial Design, Apparel Design, and Graphics design
Stay connected for GLS Design Entrance Exam 2020[GLS DAT] conducted by GLS Institute of Design.
GLS Design Entrance Exam
GLS Institute of Design conducts DAT Entrance Exam for those students who are seeking admission in four years bachelors as well as five years master's programs in the field of Fashion Designing, Communication Design, Environment Design and Product and Industrial Design. On successful completion of the programme, students will be certified professionals who will be capable of handling design assignments and projects independently. All the minute details of design aspects are covered along with professional skill development enabling one to become a creative design professional. Under the guidance of senior design mentors, all the students learn design techniques with real life application.
GLS Institute of Design
GLS University is a private university of India. The university was established in 2015 by the Gujarat Law Society (GLS) through The Gujarat Private Universities (Amendment) Act, 2015. The campus is located at GLS Campus, Opp. Law Garden, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad – 380006. GLS Institute of Design has a strong established industry network and global Design Institute partnerships which make the course a global standard programme. Students will undergo various assignments and live training in the sector of their choice, which will allow them to understand industry expectations.